Thursday, January 14, 2010

#4: Read 23 New Books

4-6-10 Fablehaven by Brandon Mull I have finished the first three Fablehaven novels and can't wait to start the 4th. I started this because the 5th and final Fablehaven book came out the day before my little brother's birthday, so amidst all of the hype I picked up the first one while laying next to my niece trying to get her to nap and they are great. Fairy books are usually not my favorite and I usually hold up my index fingers in an X against them, but this one has something about it that pulls me in and I devour these books! 2-24-10 I have been going through an LDS Fiction phase in which I have read a vast multitude of cutsie novels. I will only count my favorites here, but I can't remember their names right now....so I'll have to get back on that. 2-9-10Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber For Book club this week we were to have read this book so we could discuss it. Tonight (Tuesday) I powered through so I could collect my thoughts and present some ideas on when we had the book club meeting on Thursday. I finished, started thinking, and checked my email to find out where book club was going to be. I had an email from Monday unopened that reminded us all that book club was Tuesday at IHOP. Be sure to be there! Ooops...It started an hour ago... But the book was good. About widows who had lost their drive and zest for life, so they made lists much like this one to complete and on the way to completing these things their lives were changed for the better. Inspiring. 12-29-10 The Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney The first book of this project. Such a good start. Very good book. Some parts may make you blush, so read with caution and a quick page-turning finger... It was so happy and so sad all wrapped into one! Lots of life and spirit including a lively meddling 80 year old grandmother! 12-30-10 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, and Annie Barrows I am not always one for correspondence type books. Actually, I usually detest reading peoples letters back and forth with no other fictional padding, but this time it was alright. It was a very tender book with some fun twists.

No comments: